Skip to main content

Thursday Night Thoughts

Hello! Haven't blogged much this month, so here goes.

I'm currently writing from the great state of Texas! I have the pleasure of being here for our last site visit for Passion 2011 - Ft. Worth! The conference is April 1-3, so we are here with our key leaders for one last walk through the space and logistical meeting. I am so pumped about the gathering and really grateful to be a part. God blows my mind through these events and the lasting effects He creates through them. The team of people who lead these events are simply amazing. They love Jesus, TRULY have servant hearts (most of them VOLUNTEER weekends to travel & plan for the conferences, plus take off time from their full-time jobs & families for the conferences), and they are so fun.

I am surprised by how much I enjoy Texas. I like to see new places, but am generally content in Atlanta, happy to call Georgia home. I have said before that D.C. is the only city I'd consider living in. However, visiting Texas a couple of times in the last year has quickened my spirit and excited me in a notable way. Not sure what God has planned or what He's telling me about that. Texas is different and exciting, yet comfortable, warm and friendly. Hmm, we shall see.

The big news of the month is that we are under contract on a home! Most of you have read my Facebook newsfeed and saw this already. We've had the home inspection (it went well), and are now working through loan paperwork and waiting for the closing. We're scheduled to close on April 8 - just after Passion Ft. Worth and only a couple of weeks before our apartment lease runs out. I'm still holding my breath and know that there's a chance it could still fall through, but we're grateful and excited so far.

(Disclaimer: just realized that these last two thoughts may APPEAR to contradict themselves - liking Texas but buying a home in metro ATL - do NOT WORRY. Before anyone gets upset, I want to clarify. I love metro Atlanta and am SO excited to purchase a home there! God would need to change a lot of things in our hearts to make us seriously consider a cross-country move. Just saying I enjoy the state and feel like God is drawing my attention for it during this season before Passion.)

That's all for now. Goodnight!

Comments

  1. aww! yay! love you so much. Don't forget to consider LA or Pasadena :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia Kate Update

We expected a routine appointment. Last April, the cardiology team told us that we did not have to return for another check-up on the hole in Olivia's heart for a full year. This was music to a mom's and dad's ears! Since her pediatrician had noticed the severe murmur in her heartbeat when she was just four days old, we'd visited the cardiologist office several times to monitor any changes in heart function. So far, it seemed that this hole was not causing any problems, and the doctors said that it might even close on its own. The ultrasounds of Olivia's heart today revealed a different story, unfortunately. The left side of her heart has enlarged slightly over the last year, which tells us that this precious organ is under a bit of stress due to the turbulence of the extra blood flowing in and out of the hole. The first cardiologist who reviewed the ultrasounds with us today told us what we really did not want to hear: Olivia is heading down the path that req...

What's Real

I struggle with mental illness. Like many others, I can't really define myself as falling cleanly into one category or give myself a specific diagnosis. Mine has manifested in different ways during different seasons of my life: sometimes it's anxiety, but other times it's depression, disordered eating, obsessive compulsion or a cocktail of these. Regardless, it's there, and while I experience a lot of happiness in my life, there's also some inner turmoil that I fight to keep at bay. Why am I telling you this? It's certainly not for pity or to draw attention to myself. I'm guessing that many people reading this also struggle, but others may not. For both parties, I want to take a stab at normalizing mental illness and I also want to point out a few things I've found to be true: - Mental illness is not limited to a certain stereotype. Depression doesn't just affect teenagers who prefer dark clothes and hooded jackets! It's not just the poor, ju...

The Naked Truth

I've struggled with body image for an undefinable amount of time. My weight has fluctuated my entire life, and once I became old enough to realize it, it became an unfortunate obsession. As I matured and opened up about this to my peers in college, I found that I was not alone. Maintaining an unhealthy relationship with food is what my husband now refers to as the "acceptable" sin among Christian women. It's the most common struggle among my female friends. Or, it's the most common one they admit to, at least. This destructive sin rears its ugly head in many ways, manifesting differently in different women. Some women develop actual eating disorders, others binge and purge, others develop a more generalized obsession with appearance and self loathing, and still others fall elsewhere in this nasty spectrum. I've been thinking a lot about this sin specifically lately, which led me to think about how the enemy confuses us about the very definition of sin. L...