Skip to main content

HUGE Praise

I wanted to share some thrilling news with you:

Olivia does not need surgery after all!!!!!!

To make a very long story short, today we learned that some of her initial measurements were handled incorrectly, so her heart is not nearly as enlarged as it seemed! The hole is not putting the amount of distress on her heart as it looked like originally when the team used the faulty numbers. She may need to have the hole closed one day, but for now, she's looking great!

Obviously this misstep, along with several slips the cardiologists made throughout the past few weeks, are being taken very seriously by those in leadership at the heart center. They understand that much trauma resulted for us from this error.

This is such astonishing news - we had asked God to avoid surgery if there was ANY way we could do safely, and look at what He did!

I may write more later once I collect Thank you again for all of your love and concern - we have an incredible village behind us. :-)

Comments

  1. Praise be to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise be to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit! Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia Kate Update

We expected a routine appointment. Last April, the cardiology team told us that we did not have to return for another check-up on the hole in Olivia's heart for a full year. This was music to a mom's and dad's ears! Since her pediatrician had noticed the severe murmur in her heartbeat when she was just four days old, we'd visited the cardiologist office several times to monitor any changes in heart function. So far, it seemed that this hole was not causing any problems, and the doctors said that it might even close on its own. The ultrasounds of Olivia's heart today revealed a different story, unfortunately. The left side of her heart has enlarged slightly over the last year, which tells us that this precious organ is under a bit of stress due to the turbulence of the extra blood flowing in and out of the hole. The first cardiologist who reviewed the ultrasounds with us today told us what we really did not want to hear: Olivia is heading down the path that req...

What's Real

I struggle with mental illness. Like many others, I can't really define myself as falling cleanly into one category or give myself a specific diagnosis. Mine has manifested in different ways during different seasons of my life: sometimes it's anxiety, but other times it's depression, disordered eating, obsessive compulsion or a cocktail of these. Regardless, it's there, and while I experience a lot of happiness in my life, there's also some inner turmoil that I fight to keep at bay. Why am I telling you this? It's certainly not for pity or to draw attention to myself. I'm guessing that many people reading this also struggle, but others may not. For both parties, I want to take a stab at normalizing mental illness and I also want to point out a few things I've found to be true: - Mental illness is not limited to a certain stereotype. Depression doesn't just affect teenagers who prefer dark clothes and hooded jackets! It's not just the poor, ju...

The Naked Truth

I've struggled with body image for an undefinable amount of time. My weight has fluctuated my entire life, and once I became old enough to realize it, it became an unfortunate obsession. As I matured and opened up about this to my peers in college, I found that I was not alone. Maintaining an unhealthy relationship with food is what my husband now refers to as the "acceptable" sin among Christian women. It's the most common struggle among my female friends. Or, it's the most common one they admit to, at least. This destructive sin rears its ugly head in many ways, manifesting differently in different women. Some women develop actual eating disorders, others binge and purge, others develop a more generalized obsession with appearance and self loathing, and still others fall elsewhere in this nasty spectrum. I've been thinking a lot about this sin specifically lately, which led me to think about how the enemy confuses us about the very definition of sin. L...